Wow, ok, this one has taken me the best part of two months then! :-S
To be fair, in the middle I got ill for a week, Jon got ill for a week and had a weeks holiday off work, so that was 3 weeks nothing could happen in, but its been soooo slow!
Its a long sleeved t-shirt/cutsew from h&m, once upon a time it was black not grey and did not have holes in it, but I reckon that time was about 2004/5 ….around the same time as the famous h&m jsk happened if anyone reading this is an oldschool loli.
And it was utterly my favourite jersey top ever, and I have literally worn it to death, so I decided to take it apart and make a new one.
Which should have been relatively simple, except I have been a little more under the weather than normal lately, and I figured out fairly early on that remaking a top you really need a clear head for, and then there was the unpicking….using a seam ripper on overlocked thread is virtually impossible! And in some places there were layers and there was construction to work out, so it wasn’t just possible to go at it with a pair of scissors.
This is one of the sleeves with construction scribbles all over it.
Once I’d finally cut the thing up I drew round it for the pattern onto dot and cross pattern paper, and then made the top as normal. Apart from a hiccup towards the end where I sewed the cuffs on backwards, which was down to tiredness, not the pattern, it went like a dream. It was especially good because I didn’t have a clue in some places how the construction was going to work. I’d cut the pieces out, I knew they went next to each other in what order, but I really couldn’t be sure from looking at the pattern pieces that it was all going to add up. But it did! 🙂
This is the finished item laid out on the table….
The jersey I used was a really slippy cheap one I got off Goldhawke Road, but it is really soft and not bad quality. Instead of eyelet lace in the original (my only gripe with it, the stuff was a right pain to iron) I used venice lace, but it is cheap venice lace of etsy, so it is quite stiff and not amazing quality.I am reserving judgement as to whether to use it again until it has been through the wash. There is no way I was going to shell out £4 a meter+ for something that is essentially a wearable muslin though. The buttons were off Lewisham market.
Me in the top….
The skirt is one I made a long time ago.
And the boobie shot..or a close-up of the lace and buttons as its also known!
i am intending on making another one in the next couple of weeks.
In other news…I have put on a bit of weight again 😦 once again it is medical, and finally the doctor has got a sensible plan for dealing with it. This involves medication that i can’t be put on whilst i’m as fat as I am, so i have to loose about 10kg first :-S So as my ME has been a bit better lately I have started doing zumba a couple of times a week and hopefully that and starving myself will work quickly enough that I take off the weight needed before the next flare up happens and I put it all back on!
I also took this photo (and then doctored it heavily with various apps) that Jons band ended up using on the back of their flyer….
It is of the water on the Regents Canal.